Transparency Seal

Transaparency Seal


citizen charter

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Journal of Society & Technology

Journal Society of Technology




















Facebook Image
Home | About NSU | History
History of the University PDF Print E-mail

The Naval State University is a result of the elevation or conversion of the former Naval Institute of Technology pursuant to Republic Act No. 9718. The said legislative bill is the fruit of the collective efforts, untiring prayers, and noble dreams longed for the academic community and the Biliranons.

Records show that the efforts for the elevation or conversion of NIT into a state university started during the 11th Congress of the Philippines. The opportune time came during the 14th Congress when Atty. Glenn A. Chong, Representative of the Lone Congressional District of Biliran Province, filed House Bill No. 1927 and was substituted by House Bill No. 4414 duly approved by the House Committee onOld NSU Facade Higher and Technical Education on June 16, 2008. House Bill No. 4414 was passed on third and final reading at the House of Representatives on September 9, 2008 with Congresswoman Cynthia A. Villar, Cong. Edcel C. Lagman, Cong. Exequiel B. Javier and Cong. Jesus Crispin C. Remulla as additional authors thereof.

On March 27, 2008, Senator Juan Miguel “Migz” F. Zubiri filed Senate Bill No. 2146 and a favorable endorsement from Dr. Emmanuel Y. Angeles, Chairperson of the Commission on Higher Education, dated March 30, 2009 have paved the way for the deliberation by the Senate Committee on Education, Arts and Culture Chaired by Senator Manuel “Mar” A. Roxas. The Senate of the Philippines has approved House Bill No. 4414 contained under Committee Report No. 174 signed by an overwhelming seventeen (17) Senators. The said legislative bill was finally passed by the House of Representatives and the Senate on August 18, 2009 and August 26, 2009 and was signed into law by Her Excellency Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo on October 14, 2009.

At present, under the ever dynamic and visionary leadership of Dr. Edita S. Genson, the First University President, NSU has expanded the pursuit for excellence especially on its academic endeavors as well as public governance. Carving its own “niche” as the Biliran Province’s premier institution of higher learning, NSU has taken the giant leap in undertaking appropriate measures in the process of intensifying aggressively its reach and increasing flexibilities of educational opportunities, meeting the diverse and ever changing educational demands of time for the optimum benefit of its clienteles and stakeholders.Old NSU Hostel

The Naval State University is composed of the NSU-Main Campus and NSU-Biliran Campus located in Naval, Biliran and Biliran, Biliran, respectively.

The NSU-Main Campus

The NSU-Main Campus was originally the Naval Institute of Technology located in Naval, Biliran Province. Its humble beginnings started when Naval was then suffering heavily after the dark days of World War II when Municipal Resolution No. 35 was approved on October 30, 1945 which requested a secondary public high school to be established in the municipality. It was passed through the leadership of the late Acting Mayor Pablo Caneja and the resolution was immediately approved which paved the way for the establishment of the Naval High School and started its operations in School Year 1946-1947.

After decades of operation, a bill was introduced by late Congressman Marcelino Veloso which became a law on June 19, 1965 converting Naval High School into a chartered state college named Naval Institute of Technology under R.A. 4309. The conversion placed the school for national funding under the first President, Mr. Alfredo C. Josep. The school then offered vocational and engineering courses as Science Buildingrequired.

Naval State University-Main Campus is situated at the heart of the Municipality of Naval, the capital town of the island province of Biliran which is 1,115 km. southwest of Manila and two-hour drive from Tacloban City and four-hour travel from Cebu City by boat and bus via Ormoc City. It is mandated to provide advanced education, higher technological, professional instruction and training in the fields of arts and sciences, education, agriculture, fishery, forestry, maritime education, information and communications technology, engineering, tourism and other related fields of study. It is also mandated to undertake research and extension services, and provide progressive leadership in its areas of specialization. The NSU-Main Campus occupies a total land area of 6.7053 hectares where the seat of leadership and management of the University is situated.

The NSU-Biliran Campus
Gymnasium
The NSU-Biliran Campus is the former NIT-Biliran (BNAC) Campus which was established in 1949 as the former Biliran High Schoool. By virtue of Republic Act No. 2421, the school was converted into an agricultural institution renaming it as Biliran Rural High School in 1960. Republic Act No. 5983 further converted the school into a tertiary institution known as the Biliran National Agricultural College. It was temporarily integrated to VISCA, Baybay, Leyte and later transferred to NIT in 2002 pursuant to integration laws, rules and regulations.

The integration of BNAC to Naval State University as NSU-Biliran Campus is provided underRepublic Act No. 9718. The NSU-Biliran Campus is situated in the Municipality of Biliran  in Biliran Province and occupies a total area of 85.0329 hectares.

__________________________________________________________________


ORIGINAL STATUS
School Name
Naval High School
Founded
June 3, 1947
Legal Basis

Municipal Resolution No. 33
Dated October 3, 1945
Mayor Pablo Caneja

No. of Students
284 (1st year and 2nd year)
No. of Teachers
9
Classroom Rented
Private Buildings
First School Site
Calumpang, Naval, Leyte
Area
10 hectares
Year Acquired
1947
First Principal
Mr. Faustino Velasco
First Graduates
36
First Graduation
1949
Second School Site
Ilaya, Naval, Leyte
Area
6 hectares
Year Acquired
1953
First Classrooms
8 Classrooms Quonset Hut
Closed
SY 1952-1953
Reopened
SY 1953-1954
School Name
Naval High School
No. of Students
107

CONVERSION TO STATE COLLEGE
School Name
Naval Institute of Technology
Charter Day
August 31, 1972
Legal Basis
RA 4309 dated June 19, 1965
Site
Ilaya, Naval, Biliran
Area
6.7 hectares
No. of Buildings
9

CONVERSION TO STATE UNIVERSITY
School Name
Naval State University
Legal Basis
RA 9718 dated October 14, 2009
Total Faculty & Staff
386
Total No. of Buildings
19
No. of Classrooms
104
Total No. of Students
6,421 (as of 2009)
 
prix du viagra en france http://www.citylimits.org/assets/images/... viagra generique livraison rapide europe clomiphene prix dutasteride sans recette acheter anafranil online
sinemet compra online zovirax barato http://www.smwc.edu/?size=447942&price=4...
  • acaht clomid mg risperdal sans ordonnance vente atarax en ligne
  • opiniones cialis generico http://crown.kings.edu/?size=132700&pric... comprar cialis barato
  • acquisto cialis in italia consegna rapida levitra apotheke donde comprar viagra